Monday, August 11, 2008

LIFE IS A BEACH !!!!


We made our trek to California via American Airlines this July. We met up with the Ogdens at Paradise by the Sea in Oceanside. This is an annual trip for our families and is a favorite of our boys. We spent 6 days in California. We went to the beach every day, Lego Land on the boys birthday and to the pool and hot tub every night. We had such a great time seeing the Ogdens again. We sure do miss living by them in Las Vegas.


Making our way to the beach
Nick and Zach


Nick catching a wave Matthew riding the wave all the way in

Shovel and sand is all these boys need

Best of Friends




Me and my man!

Nick
Good times!

I am so thankful that we have the ability to make such lasting memories with our family. When I asked the boys what their favorite part of Summer has been...they both said "The Beach". It reminded me that even somethings as simple as water, sand, sun and a couple of shovels can bring lasting happiness and fond memories. See ya next year, California!!!





7 comments:

Donna said...

WHATEVER!! Thanks for the invite! hehehehe:):)

abhau Family said...

That is so awesome! We will have to invite Nicholas on some of our family trips. I can keep Jake under control with the crazy stuff he thinks only your sporty boys can do... Jon misses your boys big time! Love you guys!!!!

Rasheta Family said...

How fun. Glad Kalvin gets to be a part of it. They are so great together. Happy to see you updating your blog. I love looking at all your pictures. Miss you guys.

Buffy said...

What a fun trip. Your boys are adorable/handsome and spitting of you. The older one more so than the younger. How cute is that!! By the way, my boys have the same swim shorts as Matthew. I kept saying to myself something about those shorts look so familiar and then I zoomed in and realized.

Your house is beautiful!! I love it. What does Adam do that has you guys moving all over creation? :D haha. Your area sounds like it is perfect with the schools so close by.

Take care and I'm so glad that I found you. We have to keep in touch. :D

Alli Waldron said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun...Chad and I are jealous. I am glad Jennie told me you had a blog so we can keep in touch!

Rheads said...

GREAT PICTURES! We LOVE the beach too! It truly is one of our favorite places to be! We live about 35-40 minutes from Oceanside! We would LOVE to see you guys next summer, while you're here in California!

Kim and Linda said...

I love the beach photos! What great memories you are making with your family. We miss you too, but it looks like Texas is treating you right.