Monday, April 20, 2009

SO LONG MY DEAR FRIEND

For as long as I can remember I have drank soda. During my younger years it was regular soda and over the past 5 or so years it has been diet soda. I have contemplated on numerous occasions giving it up but never had the courage nor the will power to do so. Over the past few months I've been killing myself at the gym and really have seen little progress for the amount of effort that I have been putting in. I think that a major reason for lack of results is due to my addiction to soda. I drink an excessive amount and have finally come to a place where I am good with letting it go. I know that it may sound weird to some out there...but it has been a source of happiness in my life.


There is nothing better than a frosty beverage out of the fountain on a hot summer day. I especially like a diet coke with lime when I am out to dinner or just hanging watching a movie at home.

Coke Zero has been my beverage of choice for quite some time now. I will be donating my recently purchased 24 pack to my dear friends The Peterson's tomorrow:) I know that for the next couple of days I will go through major withdrawal...but have plenty of water and Advil on hand. I will keep you updated on my progress.

10 comments:

Aaron and Mandy said...

I am SOOOO proud of you - call me when you need a pep talk - you know I am good for those. I'd offer to give up my vice of sugar as a show of solidarity and support, but I KNOW I am not that strong, so maybe I will cut back this week ok! Awesome Aimee!

Thurman Family Information said...

I have a perfect substitute! I slice a lemon, take one slice, squeeze it into a glass, fill with ice and water, put in a little Equal, and stir. It is so refreshing but not overwhelming. I haven't missed soda a bit, and I drink lots of water every day. Give it a try.

The Hendrix Family said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will give the lemon a try as well.

Alli Waldron said...

I'm not sure Jennie is going to let you be her friend anymore! Way to go Aimee and good luck!

Amy said...

Way to go Aimee! Now you just need to work on Jennie :) Nick's head gear looks so painful.

Rasheta Family said...

I am just as proud you finally posted on your blog!! But I am glad you are giving up soda. I bet you a dollar you see a noticeable difference in the next to weeks. Not including the headaches and yucky feelings. You will drop a couple of pounds!! GO GIRL!!
Can't wait to see you and your boys this summer!!!

abhau Family said...

I am right there with ya Aimee! I just dropped the diet coke that I was drinking 2-3 times a day at work and I feel awesome! woo woo!

Owen said...

OH MY. Donna told me you FINALLY came out of blog hibernation and had posted some A quality material! This is so brave and I hope you lose a quick 10 lbs or so and maybe it will inspire me to quit hitting Sonic drive thru every morning for my Diet Coke extra lime.....it'd have to be a solid 10 lbs for me to cosider it though...hehehehe!! Good luck! Do post your progress, won't you?

Rob & Jennie Ogden said...

I am diet coke free for 10 days and I will be honest it sucks but like you I have decided to quit poisoning my body so lets do it together. Be strong and call me if you are gonna crack, its possible I will join you LOL!!!!

Kim Whitefield said...

Atta girl, Aimee, keep it up! Just think of all the bone loss you're slowing recovering from all the times the carbonation kept your body from absorbing phosphorous. Or, more simply, just think how you're building bones!