Sunday, May 3, 2009

Best of Friends


Donna and I met 8 1/2 years ago while living on Fabens Ln. in Gilbert, Arizona. We hit it off from the start and became the best of friends. Our boys were the same ages which made for great play dates, lots of trips to the park and numerous outings for lunch at McDonald's. 4 1/2 years after we met, we moved away to Las Vegas, but always stayed in touch with daily phone calls and trips back and forth to and from Arizona. Even when I moved further away to Texas, we have continued to see one another and talk all the time.


She has been with me through some of the most heartbreaking tragedies in my life and at the drop of a hat would come to my aid if needed. I often tell my children when they talk about missing their friends and how they wished that they lived here or there. I remind them that instead of being sad for not being there, they need to be grateful for the opportunity to get to know those that they miss so much. That's how I feel about Donna. I know that the Lord knew that I needed her and she needed me. I can not imagine my life without her in it and for that, I will always be thankful.


So why this tribute to Donna.......it is because she just took off back to Phoenix after spending a fun filled weekend with me here in Frisco, TX. She tackled her fear of flying and even held tight during the SEVERE THUNDERSTORM AND TORNADO WARNING that we had last night. We ate lots of yummy food, took in a chick flick, shopped, stayed up late talking and even shed a few tears. We had so much fun just being together. The only regret is that I did not BLAST Enrique like I used to do back in the good ol' days!!!
Thanks for the memories Donna!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have a good friend that I haven't lived by in years. It is nice that you can have someone to talk to that isn't right in the thick of it with you sometimes! How is no soda going?

The Hendrix Family said...

The no soda is going great! Feel better.....sleeping better but the verdict is still out on whether or not it will help with weight loss:)

Aaron and Mandy said...

OK - ya'll just keep rubbing it in! Donna -get your butt up here for some Rosas, so we can rub it in to Aimee. teehee. Aimee - my turn this summer!

Donna said...

AWWWW! Thanks for making me cry AGAIN!! I had so much fun even the tornado warnings I can laugh at now. I loved meeting all your texan friends...they were great. Steph really gave me a few huge laughs. Matthew and Nick are adorable and hilarious and Adam is just good ol' Adam. Tell him thanks for letting me steal you away for 4 days. :) Thanks for having me. I feel the same way....we will always be friends no matter what or how far you live. Some people are just meant to be in your life forever. Love ya tons Aim!! :)

Owen said...

I heard when you guys were all huddled in the bath tub scared the tornado was going to hit, you BOTH drank COKE to take the edge off!! Is that true?