Sunday, May 10, 2009

DAY WITH THE MAYOR

I was recently at the school volunteering for PTA and was asked to come into the Principal's office. Now being a parent of two boys and being asked to step in to the Principal's office can be a little concerning at times. Not that I think that my boys would get into any trouble, but you just never know. So Mrs. Rowan proceeds to tell me about this opportunity that came across her desk regarding a day with the Mayor of Frisco. She tells me that she was asked to chose a model 5th grade student that best exemplified what Pink Elementary stands for. A Student that is trustworthy, hardworking, thoughtful, kind and so forth. She said that the decision was unanimous amongst her and the 5th grade staff. Drum roll please...................They chose Matthew!!!! I was so touched by the fact that here this sweet young man that I know is wonderful, is being recognized by a staff that has only known him for a little over a year! What an honor.

Matthew and Mayer Maso
Mrs. Rowan hyping up this award. She told all of the students about the festivities of the day with the Mayor. The biggest excitement came when she told them about the Limo ride!

Matthew being called out of the crowd of 700+ students to find out that he was chosen. (The picture wasn't great because I was too far away, but he was so surprised)



Matthew and his dad


Now that is a priceless smile. We are so proud of the young man that he is becoming. He is such a wonderful example to all that he comes in contact with. Way to go Matthew!




Matthew and Mrs. Rowan


"THE LIMO" pulling in to pick up the kids



Matthew getting ready to head off to meet the Mayor.
Matthew is going to have numerous opportunities to make a difference in this world. He stands for what he believes in and does not waver. I look forward to the many wonderful things that he will accomplish throughout his life. We are so proud of you Matthew!


10 comments:

Marci said...

That is so awesome! Matthew is such an amazing kid, I know he'll go far and become something incredible!

Aaron and Mandy said...

Be still my heart! What a cool kid. Just LOVE him!

abhau Family said...

*sniff sniff* That was so sweet Aimee. Your blog is the only one that jerks the tears for me! I love that Matthew kid and I can't wait to see you guys. xoxo

Julee said...

That is so incredible, congrats on raising such a fine boy! We need boys like Matthew in this crazy world....

Katie said...

What a great kid and such a good example. It's nice that his school was able to recognize and reward such a stellar guy :)

Rob & Jennie Ogden said...

we always new Matt was a stud but he has just taken it to a whole new level. Your a rock star Matt!!!!! we love you!!!

Kim Whitefield said...

Wow, Aimee, that is fantasmic! Good for you, Matthew, you gotta be a real upstanding little man! What an experience!

Kim and Linda said...

What an amazing compliment to not only Matthew, but to you and Adam also. It will be something he will always remember. Way to go!!!

Kelsie & Reilly said...

That is so cool that Matthew got to do that I am impressed.Hes lucky that he has even seen ihs mayor like in a picture + getting to spend the day with the mayor!!!!!

Rasheta Family said...

How in the world did I not see this till now and not hear about it!! I thought you hadn't updated so I haven't been to your blog in so long. Never saw this post. I got teary eyed. I am so proud of him. A little belated congrats Matthew!!