Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School

Better late than never is the motto when it comes to the Hendrix Family Blog! Yes, school did start 2 weeks ago....but since I signed back up for the PTA for something I thought was going to be a breeze and turns out it is not....my blog has suffered. Matthew started 5th grade this year at the ripe old age of 11! He is the King of the School and word on the street is that he is the love of all the teachers in the 5th grade:)Not to mention the ladies:)!!!Ahhhhh


Nicholas is in 2nd grade and is 8 years old! Notice the lovely shaggy hair? I asked Adam the Saturday before school started to get his hair cut since I was not in town and he said,"It looks fine!" Well I arrive home Sunday and he confesses that he needs a haircut but too late now...so needless to say he started with the shag but once the Law was back in town....it quickly was chopped off on Monday after school.



On Monday in the halls of the school after dropping Nicholas off in his class, I told Matthew that I was going to do the party dance once I left! He quickly reminded me that it was not just a single day party dance but a nine month party dance!!!! Thanks for the reminder, Matthew! So to all of the stay at home moms who look forward to school being back in after 3 months of vacations, sleepovers, fights, messes, hugs and kisses I dedicate this song to you...Celebration by Kool and the Gang!!!! Don't get me wrong.....I love my boys, they mean the world to me and I can't imagine my life without them. But with that being said, school is wonderful!

6 comments:

Owen said...

I love that you refer to yourself as "The Law"!! Too funny! you've got some handsome boys there doncha ya?! Glad to see you were guilted back into the world of blog.

Donna said...

CUTE BOYS!! I agree school is a wonderful invention! :) Miss ya!

Aaron and Mandy said...

Sheriff Aimee knows how to drop the hammer!! Cute pics.

Gail said...

Hey Amiee it's Gail Smith from the old ward in Vegas. It looks like you guys are loving life in Texas. We moved to Castle Rock, CO. in January and love it here. Matthew and Nick are adorable as always. I was so excited to come across your blog. You are one of my favorites!

abhau Family said...

Oh, I like the shag... I miss your boys crazy bad! xoxo meggie

Buffy said...

Love the boys pictures. School starting is such a blessing!! :D I'm with ya on the party dance. Just know that I'm doing it with ya big time. haha