Monday, September 29, 2008

NEW YORK YANKEES GAME

I had the privilege to take Matthew to his
FIRST EVER NEW YORK YANKEES GAME!!
We purchased 4 tickets to go as a family, but with Nick away on his trip and Adam out of town, Matthew and I had the ball park to ourselves! We both sported our YANKEE apparel and bought some well needed souvenirs from the club house.

We attempted to get autographs down by their dugout....but since it was 100+degrees outside......they didn't come out until the last minute. Matthew did have the opportunity though to stump a Texas Ranger fan after he began heckling us.....He was yelling that the YANKEES stink and so forth and Matthew nicely went up to him and said, "Excuse me sir...how many World Championships have the Rangers won?" He didn't say another word:)


We resorted to taking our seats in the nose bleeds and cheered on our YANKEES! Matthew called it before the game that Derek Jeter would hit a homer and sure enough at his first at bat he did......We went crazy in the stands along with the other fans!! Matthew was grinning from ear to ear. What a fun game it was to watch.

With Cotton Candy, Mountain Dew, Garlic Fries and everything else under the sun.....we had a spectacular night. What a great memory I will share always with Matthew. I am so thankful that he still thinks that I am cool enough to go to a game with:) Time will only tell how long that will last.....I hope it is forever.








6 comments:

Rasheta Family said...

what a great post. Now that you are Texans are you ever going to root for a texas team?

Amy said...

What a lucky boy! That looks like so much fun. We went to a Diamondbacks game this summer. It was my first pro baseball game! Too bad for Nick that you are Yankees fans!!!

abhau Family said...

I love this thread. Aimee...you are the fine wine!

Owen said...

I hope it is forever too! Lookin good!

Rheads said...

I LOVE going to the Pro Games with my family!

Alli Waldron said...

I think it is so great that you do such fun things with your boys! Chad and I definitely look at you and Adam as an example of how we want to raise our kids!

And by the way, I don't think you will ever be so uncool Matthew won't want to go to a Yankees game with you!