Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 13th Anniversary!!!

It was a little over 13 years ago that Adam spotted me in the hall at UVSC in Orem, UT. He should have ran but I am so thankful that he did not!! It seems like just yesterday that we were sealed in the Manti Temple. Words can not express the gratitude in my heart for Adam. He is such a wonderful husband, father, provider and friend. Throughout the last 13 years, we have made many wonderful memories. We have lived in 4 different states, bought and sold three different homes, had two wonderful children, had one "high powered bird dog" and numerous events throughout the years. He has taken me to many beautiful places and has created wonderful memories with our family.
Adam and I at dinner in St. Kitts


Our "High Powered Bird Dog" Monroe (he died a year ago in Sept.)

Some of my sisters(Adams too) in NYC with Matt Lauer (notice the front row shot:))

Sunset in Aruba

Cruisin with Jennie and Rob
The view from our lounge chairs in Barbados

Our family in Arizona at our Niece Sages' baptism

Our sweet boys when they were 6 and 3

Christmas picture in 2003



The boys and I skiing at Brighton

13 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT ADAM

1. He makes marriage easy: he always lets me vent and get all worked up over things that don't really matter but he knows it makes me feel better.

2. He is very selfless: the year Matthew was born was a tight year financially for us. He was still in school and I no longer was working. Adam used his birthday money from March to buy me a Mothers Day gift in May. He has always gone with out so that I did not.

3. He is the funniest person I know: I find such joy in hearing him laugh and listening to the stories that he tells. His laugh is infectious and his keen sense of humor brings much laughter into our home .

4. He loved me even with all of my baggage:) Need I say more!

5. He loves the Dallas Cowboys: and I do not....we have had a battle or two during the football season over the years. The best part about it is that Adam calls my dad on a weekly basis to tell him how awesome his Cowboys are and how bad the 49rs are!

6. He has an amazing family: words can not express the amount of love I have for his family. I consider myself extremely blessed to have them in my life!

7. He has moved me a few places: if it wasn't for the moves in our marriage, my children wouldn't know and love their cousins, we wouldn't have our best friends in Phoenix, Vegas and Texas and we wouldn't have learned to rely on one another the way that we have.

8. He has provided for our family to have a stay-at-home-mother: there isn't any thing in this world that I would trade for the time I have had to be a stay-at-home mother. At times I didn't think that I could make it...but it is well worth it!!

9. He is an awesome dad: Matthew and Nicholas just adore him. they wrestle every day, play catch in the backyard, jump on the tramp, yell at the TV during Cowboys games, shoot hoops and have lots of fun together.

10. He spoils me: Adam has taken me to some very beautiful places over the years. He also is known for blowing the Christmas budget to buy me something special. I always get a Sunday nap by myself and he does simple acts of kindness throughout the year.

11. He has integrity: he has lost a few things over the years because he was honest. I know that he does what is right even when no one else is watching

12. He married me for time and all eternity: I know that we will be together forever!

13. He picked me: out of all the girls at UVSC and around town...he saw and chose me!!!!

Thanks for the last 13 years, Adam!

I love you and Happy Anniversary!

9 comments:

Owen said...

Awwwwww! What a nice tribute to your hub! You guys are 2 pretty cool cats & you make some cute babies too. Hope your day was a great one and you listened to "Let's Make a Memory" by Bon Jovi (I think) before you.......went to sleep! wink, wink

Aaron and Mandy said...

WOW - The very best thing about Adam is definitely that he picked you. I appreciate that everyday - He brought me my best friend! WOOHOO

Donna said...

OHHHH SOOOO SWEET! Adam definitley married "up" :):). Your both great and perfect for each other.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Amy said...

Happy Annivesary! It is fun to look at all of the old pictures!

Thurman Family Information said...

Adam is definately a terrific person who married the most wonderful girl. I love you both.

Rheads said...

How Sweet! You should be writing Hallmark cards! Congratulations on your "13 Happy Years" together. Time flies when your having FUN!

(Our 13th is in January!)

abhau Family said...

K, this made me cry. I think it is no secret that my big brother is my hero. I have stars in my eyes for him... BUT, he could not have done better in supplying me with the world's most AMAZING sis-in-law. I adore you both. Happy 13th! May the next 13 be just as awesome. xoxo

Rasheta Family said...

Happy Anniversary. I meant to call you. I am so happy for you guys and how much you have grown in the last 13 years. You are a great couple and a good example. I love you both. Even if Adam did just prove recently that I am still the most gullible person we know. I should have known when he told me how much he was making teaching pilates!! Everyone... I was there when Adam saw Aimee and I can tell you it was love at first sight, even I heard the music like it was a movie scene. He proclaimed to me right there that he was going to have her! I didn't think he had a prayer, but lucky him and us, Aimee gave him a chance.

Kasey said...

Sounds like to me he is the lucky one after reading that. I so enjoyed reading about your love for each other. Very inspirational.